Title: Municipal Enterprise for Social Development (D.E.K.A.) Trikalon
Address: Ap.Iakovaki 5
Legal Status: Non – profit, unmingled Municipal Enterprise
Post Code: 42100
Tel.: + 30 24310 73888 / 24310 73981
Fax + 30 24310 74950
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Web site: http://www.deka-trikala.gr
President of the Board: Mixalis Tamilos, Mayor of the Municipality of Trikala
Contact Person: Mr Siakavaras Ioannis, General Director of D.E.K.A.
Ms Koutsoukou Efie, Responsible of the European and
1. Our main activities (according to the statute)
The Economic, Cultural and Social Growth of the Municipality of Trikala and of the Prefecture, generally through its active participation in the Developmental process for the exploitation of the European and Local resources, the undertaking of productive initiatives, the production of qualitatively upgraded services and the growth of manpower.
2. Experience of our institution concerning:
a. The vocational training
Study of supervision and implementation of vocational training co financed from the European Social Fund: 17 programs in 1991, 18 programs in 1992 and 14 programs in 1993 of the following institutions: "D.E.K.A." Trikala, Municipality of Trikala, Municipality of Pili, Municipality of Farkadona, Cultural Organization of the Municipality of Trikala, etc. with various objects of training (Management, Computer, Publicity, Environment, Hagiography, etc.)
b. The training of WOMEN / People with Special Needs
- Implementation of the Community Initiatives NOW I, II and III (New opportunities of employment for the women, with objects of training in the Modern Secretariat - Automatism of Offices and in the Biological Cultures and Cultures in Greenhouses respectively).
- Implementation of the Community Initiatives Horizon I, II, & III (People with Special Needs with objects of training in the floriculture and Automatism of Offices, learning by distance).
c. The promotion of unemployed in the labor market
- The Municipal Enterprise, in order to fight Social Exclusion from the job market moved in the employment of twenty eight (28) People with Special Needs (most of which have attended HORIZON I, II & III), people with intellectual problems mostly and are also occupied in various services of Municipality Trikala. Moreover, has given employment through the implementation of programs of the Greek Manpower Employment Organization, such as: Elderly people near to retirement age, Ex- drug addicts, ex- prisoners, etc.
- Mutual Learning Program, Budget Heading 04.021500, VP/2005/011/111, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities, ‘Med- Mutual Learning Program’
The Municipal Enterprise is acting as leader to this EU program. The proposal is presented under the strand ‘Transnational networking Activities of the Mutual Learning Programme. The general idea is to set up a network, which will conduct a longer term activity plan around two priority themes of the Mutual Learning Programme: -attracting more people to the labour market -investing more and more effectively in human capital.
The key stakeholders that we consider that are the direct target of our project are the Local Authorities (through the national partner-The Local Union of Municipalities & Communities), the organizations responsible for guidance, training, insertion, and job accompanying in order to optimise existing resources as regards employability and training in each territory, the support of Trikala's Trade Union Centre, Tradesmen-Small Manufacturers - Merchants Federation of Trikala, The Federation of Commercial Associations of Thessaly and Trikala' s Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Manufacture and their national, regional and international networks, in order to involve, sensitise and inform them. All the partners are aiming to involve and motivate their Chambers, Federations and the Local Authorities. The indirectly stakeholders that we consider that are target of our project are the people with specific difficulties to insert in the labour market (immigrants, disabled people, gipsies, ex. drug addicts, and women, etc. especially those trying to return to work).
The objectives of this project are: to encourage mutual learning at all levels and enhance transferability about the most effective policies pf the E.E.S.; to promote to stakeholders a wider and more effective dissemination of knowledge about E.E.S. and its implementation; the development and improvement of integrated and decentralized networks, of guidance tools, of training, of monitoring procedures and of occupational insertion of people at risk in each area. Transnational methodologies and instruments will be shared; the establishment of economic and social networks involving businesses, as well as the creation of cooperation networks among all the organizations responsible for guidance, training, insertion, and job accompanying in order to optimize existing resources as regards employability and training in each territory; the exchange of technical knowledge and good practice, as well as mutual enrichment beginning with knowledge of other contexts at transnational level as well as sharing a public-private partnership and interdisciplinary methodologies.
DEKA have signed the Grant Agreement (one week ago) and the project’s implementation will start in the begging of 2006. The total budget of the project is 329.948,58 € whereas DEKA’s budget is 135.413,72 Euro. The duration of the project is 18 months.
- European Initiative EQUAL, Measure 1.1., "INTEGRATED NETWORK OF CONSULTANCY AND PROMOTION OF EMPLOYMENT OF DISABLED PEOPLE" ('Hephestus Net')
The Development Partnership (DP) in which the LP is DEKA, has started its actions since the beginning of 2005. The total budget of the approved proposal is 1.220.000,00 €. The target group is people with special needs and the number of the beneficiaries that is going to be benefit is 55.
The aim of the Development Partnership (DP) is the implementation of a complete project, which will contribute in the withdrawal of the social-economic inequalities, discriminations and exclusions that the disadvantaged groups and mostly the disabled people suffer. The goals are related to the improvement of the existed situation, concerning the informing and the training, the access in substantial information, the guidance, the promotion and the employment’s support, as well as the social incorporation of the target group. The goals of the DP and the project are achieved through:- Development of an informational “Knowledge Portal” for the support of the project with the exploitation of the modern technology.- Development of a Network of 8 Structures (Central Greece (Lamia), Thessaly (Trikala, Larisa, Volos, Karditsa), West Macedonia (Grevena), Ipiros (Preveza) and one in the Islands of South Aegean) for the guidance and the support of the employment and the improvement of their access - Modulation of a frame for the qualitative function and the development of methodological certification tools of the guidance partners of the network.- Training and supported employment activities.- Transnational activities for the exchange of know-how and experiences.- Dissemination, sensitization and activities for supporting the aiming goals.
It has been also established and approved the transnational co-operation between three more DPs (Spain, Ireland and Italy). All the DPs belonging to this partnership work with target groups that suffer discrimination regarding the access to the labour market, and many of these target groups are the working object of the different countries involved in the partnership. That is why our goal is to work together looking for solutions, exchanging good practice, experience and know how, and establishing a common intervention methodology improving the actual systems and allowing us to reach our common working goals.
- Operational Program 'Employment and Vocational Training',Measure 5.3., Title: ‘Integrated interventions in favor of women in the Periphery of Thessaly'
After the invitation of the Region of Thessaly, invitation that forecasts the financing of work and actions for the implementation of the project: "Integrated interventions in favor of women ", co-financed from the European Social Fund, D.E.K.A Trikala, in collaboration with other partners-institutions of the Region of Thessaly and with leader the Developmental Enterprise Karditsas (Ltd), applied for the approval of a proposal titled "Plan of Action, THESIS.net".
The proposal "Plan of Action, THESIS.net" has been approved. The total budget of the approved proposal is 837.760 €. The target group is women and the number of the women that is going to be benefit is 577.
The proposal “integrated interventions in favor the women", refers in the increase of employment, in the access in the job market and in the growth of business dexterity. Via the particular proposal, we aim in the invigoration, in the information, in the encouragement of women, as well as in the activation and sensitization of all social whole, so that the social and labour embodiment of women will be achieved.
Each institution undertook the materialisatiion of certain actions. D.E.K.A. has the following activities:
- SUPPORTING ADVISORY SERVICES
- ACTIONS FOR LOCAL PUBLICITY
In addition, D.E.K.A. Trikala, has been collaborated for the completion and submission of the proposal because of its experience and its know-how that possesses.
*Even more, we are following a process of selection of women. Women that will attend these supporting advisory services in order to evaluate if they will need preparatory vocational training or vocational training or they have all the necessary requirements for working in the labor market as employees or start their own businesses.
- Operational Program 'Employment and Vocational Training'- Actions for the rendering of accompanying supporting service – Measure: 2.1., Title: "Support of vulnerable groups in the Prefecture of Trikala II"
After the invitation of the Region of Thessaly, invitation that forecasts the financing of work and actions for the implementation of the project: ‘Actions for the rendering of accompanying supporting service ", co-financed from the European Social Fund and the Greek Ministry of Employment and Social Affairs, D.E.K.A Trikala, in collaboration with other partners-institutions of the Region of Trikala, applied as LP, for the proposal titled ‘"Support of vulnerable groups in the Prefecture of Trikala II".
The proposal «Support of vulnerable groups in the Prefecture of Trikala II" has been approved and the total budget of the proposal is 89.751,00€. The target groups are 20 Gypsies, 10 Repatriators, 15 People with Special Needs, 10 immigrants, 35 Long-lasting unemployed people and 10 Women heads of one-parent families and the number of the individuals of the Vulnerable Social Groups that are going to be benefit is 100.
Fundamental objective of particular Plan of Action is the social and labour preparation, the lifting of discriminations, with intensification of individuals that is threatened with exclusion from the job market, in order that afterwards the completion of benefit of Accompanying Supporting Services they include in one or more interventions that are forecasted in the frame of dynamic policies of employment (eg pre-training, training, acquisition of labour experience, New Places of Work, New Professionals). With the forecasted action is aimed the activation of the individual itself, so that it will develops social and professional dexterities that are essential for its social and professional embodiment with the remaining population applying the policy of mainstreaming. In that way, we are promoting metres in favour the prevention of exclusion from the labour market and at sequence, the social exclusion.
- Operational Program 'Local initiatives for Unemployed people and other Special Social Groups', Measure 5.2., Title: ‘Local employment initiatives in the Prefecture of Trikala’
After the invitation of the Region of Thessaly, invitation that forecasts the financing of work and actions for the implementation of the project: "Local initiatives for employment", co-financed from the European Social Fund, D.E.K.A Trikala, in collaboration with other partners-institutions of the Region of Trikala and with leader the Prefecture of Trikala, applied for the approval of a proposal titled "Local initiatives for employment in the region of Trikala". The actions of the program are presented below:
Action: ADVISORY – PUBLICITY – NETWORKING
Action: ACCOMPANYING SUPPORTING SERVICES
Action: Preparatory vocational training
Action: vocational TRAINING
Action:NEW STRUCTURE (Medical Center)
The proposal "Local initiatives for employment in the region of Trikala" has been approved. The total budget of the approved proposal is 1.515.175 €. The target groups are Long-lasting unemployed people, Women heads of one-parent families, Women with precarious position at work or without work, Repatriators and Gypsies and the number of the individuals of the Vulnerable Social Groups that are going to be benefit is 145.
- Operational Program ‘Quality of Life’ - Measure 3.6., Title: ‘Integrated interventions for the Urban Reformation of the area of Sismoplikta ‘
After the invitation of the Region of Thessaly, invitation that forecasts the financing of work and actions for the implementation of the project: ‘Completed interventions of urban growth in local areas of small scale", co-financed from the European Regional Development Fund and the European Social Fund, D.E.K.A Trikala, in collaboration with other partners-institutions of the Region of Trikala and with leader the Municipality of Trikala, applied for the approval of a proposal titled ‘Integrated interventions for the Urban Reformation in the region Sismoplikta’
The "Completed interventions of urban growth in local areas of small scale", are related with the planning and implementation of integrated interventions of growth of urban regions that have characteristics of urban, environmental, economical and social downgrading. The aim of Action Draft is the upgrade of the living conditions of the residents of the region Sismoplikta, the urban growth of the area and the contribution of the region in the total growth of the city of Trikala. The all draft has general and special aims, which are:
Local Economy: Growth of business dexterity and exploitation of local human potential; Appointment - exploitation of local qualitative products and cottage industry; Connection of business dexterity with the integration – rehabilitation of individuals of frail teams; Support of enterprising initiatives and enterprises that are activated in the region; Increase of competitiveness - employability of local human potential; Increase of employment and support of enterprises with specialized human personnel; Creation of essential social infrastructures for the improvement of the staying conditions - living of residents; Integration–rehabilitation in energetic policies for the employment of socially excluded individuals.
Natural & Urban Environment: -Improvement of aesthetic picture of the area, the living conditions and the health of the residents; Improvement of the communication of the area and support of investing initiatives; Appointment of the area and improvement of living conditions of the residents; Increase of the environmental quality and support of investing planning
The target groups are Long-lasting unemployed people, unemployed people about the age of 45-65 years old, recent unemployed people with minimal labor experience, People with Special Needs, Women heads of one-parent families, Women with precarious position at work or without work. The total budget of the approved proposal is 4.125.641 €.
The actions of the program are presented below:
Action: implementationof ADVISORY - NETWORKING of – Sensitization
The number of the individuals of the Vulnerable Social Groups that are going to be benefit is 130.
Action: ACCOMPANYING SUPPORTING SERVICES
The number of the individuals of the Vulnerable Social Groups that are going to be benefit is 36.
The number of the individuals of the Vulnerable Social Groups that are going to be benefit is 60.
The number of the individuals of the Vulnerable Social Groups that are going to be benefit is 110.
Action: NEW STRUCTURES (8) productive laboratories, the construction of accommodated market of ecological – traditional products, support multicenter of business dexterities and social support and Athletic Center of Sismoplikta
Action: TECHNICAL WORK
- EQUAL –` Artists in Action
The Program "Artists in Action" was a pilot program that aimed through a multi-level intervention, in the promotion, employment of individuals that derive from Vulnerable Social Groups and try to accede in the labor market of the cultural sector. Due to the framework of actions, a Developmental Cooperation had been established, the "Network for the employment". It was composed from 22 partners of various categories of organisms, Municipalities and companies.
Emphasis was given in the individuals by all the Vulnerable Social Groups that have dexterities, faculties and talents in various cultural sectors, such as: painting, sculpture, music, song, photograph etc, and even though they have these virtues, they continue to remain in the obscurity, leaving in the fringe their hopes for social recognition, elongating thus the phenomenon of unemployment in Greece.
In the Vulnerable Social Groups were included: Long-lasting unemployed people, unemployed people about the age of 45-65 years old, recent unemployed people with minimal labor experience, People with Special Needs, Women heads of one-parent families, Women with precarious position at work or without work, Repatriators, Gypsies, Immigrants, Refugees etc that have some cultural dexterity, faculty and talent.
The aim of the program was: to combat social exclusion and to promote the employment of Vulnerable Social Groups and at the same time to strengthen the employmentability, the support, the activation and the invigoration of their qualifications, so that they will be placed equivalently in the labor market of the cultural sector.
The budget for DEKA Trikala was 46.979,53 €.
d. The rendering of advisory supporting services
- Function of an Advisory Center for the Support of Employment Policies in the framework of the implementation of the Community Initiative NOW.
Main actions of the Center:
- The support and subsidy of feminine employment.
- The support for the economic finance of feminine enterprises
- The creation of local structures for the support of the employment initiatives and entrepreneurship of women.
e. The elaboration of studies / realization of researches
- Study of exploitation of humid outcast of Milk Processing Units, with the creation of Central Processing Unit, aiming to the protection of the rivers getting polluted).
- Research Study for the growth of investment activities in Hungary
- Viability Study for the set-up and the function of the Flower-Bouquet Laboratory due to the framework of the European Initiative HORIZON.
- Study for the establishment and the function of a Wholemarket of agricultural products
- Study for the establishment and the function of an Abattoir
- Study for the establishment of an Intermodal Transport Terminal.
- Study for the purification and the reformation of the areas with environmental problems, etc.
f. Organization of meetings, congresses and events
The Municipal Enterprise is the main institution for organizing meetings, congresses, events and innovative initiatives on behalf of the Municipality Trikala and other Municipal Enterprises and Organizations and in the framework of the above programs, DEKA realized many events, lectures and congresses. Therefore, DEKA has the experience and the know-how.
g. Environmental Issues
The Municipal Enterprise for Social Development (D.E.K.A.) Trikala has some experience in waste management development work in the municipal level, an in awareness rasing in recycling and environmental protection and responsibility. Although our experience concentrates more in recycling, our knowledge in the management of other categories of wastes (hospital-industrial wastes) is very limited and therefore we would like to gain more experience and knowledge. Thus, we consider that I our participation will benefit us mutually. We expect that the Integrated urban waste-management model will help us to organize more efficiently our methods of waste- management and give us the opportunity to study and apply new methods of waste- management.
Since 1995, the Municipal Enterprise for Social Development (D.E.K.A.) Trikala in cooperation with the Municipality of Trikala, began with small steps the recycling of paper. In relation with recycling paper, we have a lot of experience in (a) content, collection, transportation of paper, (b) waste-management technology and (c) cost of waste management. The Municipality of Trikala due to our knowledge and help, created scrap heaps in which almost 80 tons of waste is collected daily and buried there. Furthermore, a recycling unit has been founded called The Panthessalian Enviromental – Developmental of West Thessaly (P.A.DY.Th.) Ltd. Moreover, the negotiations for the construction of a Sanitary Burial Place for Waste are finalized and the next step is to start building it.
In addition, the Municipality of Trikala (with our guidance) co-operates with schools in all levels of Education due to various environmental programs cultivating in that way environmental awareness in a really young age. D.E.K.A. participates in various sensitization actions for the raising of environmental awareness of the citizen of the municipality (e.g. Celebration of the Universal Day of Environment, participates in the institutional week of cleaning, etc.)
European Programs related to Environment:
-European Regional Development Fund, INTERREG IIIC- SOUTH, 'UNION des TERRES de RIVIERES', 2005-2007, [P-UNION des TERRES de RIVIERES', Contract Nº 3S0083N /2-11-04], 1.557.681,00 €
-European Regional Development Fund, INTERREG IIIC- EAST, ‘Integrated urban waste-management model -IUWMM’, 2005- 2007, [P-Waste Association West Saxony, Index no: 4E0017I/2005], 1.438.540,00€
h. Cultural Activities and Tourism
The Municipal Enterprise for Social Development (D.E.K.A.) Trikala has been involved many times with cultural activities for the development of the Municipality of Trikala by participating to the organization of festivals,etc.
In relation with the cultural structures, the Municipality of Trikala gave away to DEKA an old Mill and its installations which after its reformation, DEKA used it in order to function:
-The summer and winter Municipal Cinema
-A Research and Artistic Creation Center (*See attached file)
European Programs related to Culture:
- European Regional Development Fund, INTERREG IIIB – MEDOCC, ‘RESEAU DES CENTRES HISTORIQUES MINEURS – RCSM’, 2005-2007, [P- TECLA – Association pour la coopération transrégionale, locale et européenne, Index no:04-4.1-I-01/2005], 1.243.520,00 €
The Municipal Enterprise for Social Development (D.E.K.A.) Trikala is an enterprise that collaborates with the Municipal Environmental Services. Due to this, it has elaborated and conducted a lot of studies such as:
- Study for the establishment and the function of a Wholemarket of agricultural products
- Study for the establishment and the function of an Abattoir
- Study for the establishment of an Intermodal Transport Terminal.
- Study for the purification and the reformation of the areas with environmental problems,
- Study for the Urban waste – management in the prefecture of Trikala, etc.
3. Attendance of institution in European programs
-Implementation of Community Programs:
- DG Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities, Budget Heading 04.021500, VP/2005/011/111- Mutual Learning Program, ‘ Med- Mutual Learning Program’
- INTERREG IIIC- SOUTH : ‘UNION des TERRES de RIVIERES’
- European Regional Development Fund, INTERREG IIIC- EAST, ‘Integrated urban waste-management model -IUWMM’
- European Regional Development Fund, INTERREG IIIB – MEDOCC, ‘RESEAU DES CENTRES HISTORIQUES MINEURS – RCSM’,
- VP/2001/014, DG EMPL/E/2, ‘City Actions To Combat Social Exclusion (CASE)’, 2001-2002,
- SPEC (Program of Support for the Creation of Posts - LEADER)
- FORCE (Determination of needs of training of executives, employees and businessmen SME - partner)
- Materialization in exchange of experiences programmes in ART. 10 ERDF “Combating industrial pollution of rivers flowing through Municipalities” (Leader of the project with Greek and transnational partners as the Municipality of Vigo – Spain and the Municipality of Harlem – Holland.
- RETEX “Study for the management of the effluents of Trikala region’s dairies, in order to be effectively distributed to their natural receivers (rivers), through the creation of a treatments unit”.
- DEVELOPMENT OF MEANS FOR ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION “Creation of integrated teaching material on environmental subjects: Rivers, Water pollution and its abatement”. The use of this material (book, video, software) in education aims to help the promotion of a positive attitude of the students towards environmental issues, with the participation of the Municipality of Vigo and the Province of North Holland, as partners.
- MERIT (Professional integration of persons with special needs - partner)
- Concretisation of program TELEMATICS (Growth of System of Central Information of SME of N. Trikalas via Bank of Information of Municipality Trjkkaj'wn)
- Central Markets (Collaboration and exchange of experiences for the harmonisation of policies on issues management of rural products via Central Markets).
- DOMUS (Program of exchange of know-how on issues the sector of manufactures and ways of growth of enterprises of manufactures by the Local Self-government)
- PHARE – TACIS (Study of investigation of growth of investment activities in Hungary).
- ISPO (Sensitization of SME for the society of Information).
In relation with the social structures that functions:
- Two ‘Units for Social Provision’ and three ‘Units of Household’, for older solitary people
- One ‘Center for the daycare of older people’
- Two nursery schools
- Three ‘Centers for the creative preoccupation of children’
- One ‘Center for the creative preoccupation of People with Disabilities
The above Structures are co financed from the European Social Fund and the Greek Ministry of Employment and Social Affairs (Second and Third European Community Framework of Support). The foundation and the function of the above structures are aiming to the provision of services to the residents of the specific area that these structures are located. It is of great importance also that these structures promote equal opportunities of employmentability between men and women, as well as contribute to the increase of employmentability.
- One flower-bouguet center for People with Disabilities. Its function begun in the framework of the Initiative HORIZON III.
5. Permanent scientific personnel
- Siakavaras Ioannis, Economist,
- Tatsiou Maria, Economist,
- Vologas Stergios, Economist,
- Peanas Sotirios, Physicist with specialization in the Information technology
- Koutsoukou Efie, Economist
- Zalavra Rania, Economist
- Papadopoulos Dimitris, Economist
- Spachos Vasilis, , Economist
- Panagos Christos, Civil Engineer,
6. Permanent administrative personnel
- Psoma Athina, Philologist, Person in charge of Public Relations
- Aleksiou Aspasia, Secretariat of the Administration.
- Gagatsiou Eutichia, Secretariat
The Municipal Enterprise occupies totally 181 employees (Permanent and defined-period employees)
7. Exterior collaborators
The Municipal Enterprise proportionally and in relation with the existing needs and requirements of each Program or Study collaborates with exterior scientific advisors and collaborators.